"Dream big little one."
Integrative medicine is ideally suited for providing kids with the tools needed to thrive in today's complicated world.
Young bodies and minds are extremely adaptive and responsive to natural methods used in our practice. We work with your kids to maintain strong and communicative bonds so they feel empowered and supported throughout their lives. We collaborate on information about their bodies, action steps for prevention and maintenance of health and an awareness practice to help develop their innate empathetic biology.
Working with Patients
We recognize that some of the principles of naturopathic and integrative medicine will be new and perhaps different from what you've been exposed to in the past, so we intentionally take the time to fully explain everything to parents and children. When patients understand the process and the real benefits derived from the integrative approach espoused by our providers, they often become enthusiastic supporters and users of this powerful and effective system of wellness.
Food exploration and avoiding toxicity
Typical Childhood diseases
Enhancing empathy, compassion and artistic expression
Children's services we offer:
Routine well child visits are scheduled at regular intervals based on the American Academy of Pediatrics recommendations as follows:
- In the first year of life: 2-5 days old, 2 weeks old, 2 months old, 4 months old, 6 months old, 9 months old, & 12 months old
- In the second year of life: 15 months old, 18 months old, & 2 years old
- In the third year of life: 2 ½ years old & 3 years old
- Annually: for all children ages 4 years through 18 years old
- Comprehensive health history and physical examination
- Routine screening tests
- Growth and development assessment
- Nutrition evaluation and advice
- Behavioral assessment and guidance
- Sleep discussion and plan
- Childhood safety
- Anticipatory guidance
- Vaccine consultation and prescriptions for administration
- Sports physicals
Understanding and treating complicated illness can be very challenging. We believe we must see both “the trees and the forest” to find the cause of an unusual or longstanding illness. We have an unwavering determination and commitment to disentangling your child’s difficulties.
Village Medicine utilizes many different tests to help get to the root of the problem:
- Comprehensive Stool Analysis
- SIBO Testing
- Neurotransmitter Testing
- Genetic Testing
- Food Allergy and Sensitivity Testing
- Nutrient Analysis
- And more…
We also coordinate and connect families with the appropriate referrals and therapies for their child when needed. Each family and child receives a personalized approach.
- Autoimmune Disease: Hashimoto’s hypothyroidism, Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis (JRA), Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Celiac Disease
- Food allergies and sensitivities
- Environmental allergies
- Digestive problems: reflux (GERD), Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD), colic, constipation, diarrhea, recurrent abdominal pain, encopresis and stool withholding
- Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Mood Disorders: anxiety, depression
- Recurrent and frequent illness and infections
- Recurrent fever syndromes
- Headaches, migraines
- Immune system evaluation and support
- Sleep disorders, insomnia
- Behavioral problems
Many confusing and controversial issues are associated with the decision about whether to vaccinate your child. There are two apparent opposing sides, both of which seem to be backed up by “scientific” data.
In our experience, vaccines seem to be well tolerated by healthy children in the short run. That being said, we believe it is far too complicated to evaluate the real long-term impact at this time. For this reason, we are cautious.
We believe that one size does not fit all and that a vaccination schedule should be tailored to a specific child’s exposure and risk. We use evidence-based research to help guide our patients and their family’s decisions.
You want the best for your kids. We help your children become happier, healthier, and more compassionate.
4426 Burke Ave N.
Seattle, WA 98103
p: (206) 919.0175
f: (206) 567.9797
☆ Globe trotters
☆ Your source of modern integrative healthcare.
☆ 501C3 status since 2011
TICKETS to Concert of Hope HERE:
All content © 2019 Village Medicine.